<VV> Big swap update

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:52:51 -0400

Just a little update on the engine shell game that's taking place in south central Kansas...

The first car with a 'new' engine is all back together and running great. Terry's '64 convertible got rid of a knocking 140 and now has a quiet 110. Terry also installed a set of extractor exhausts. So one down and two to go.

Terry removed the front suspension for both "The Deer Hunter" and the silver coupe. He installed the silver coupe's suspension in "TDH."

The engine from "The Deer Hunter" was separated from the diff/trans to repair a slight oil leak. It appeared that the bellhousing bolts were the source. A bit of sealer should take care of that. The clutch release bearing was also bad and a new one will be installed tonight. The installation of the entire drive train/suspension is also on the schedule for tonight.

We are slightly ahead of schedule, but we'll make up for it this weekend. Terry has an electric car race and my Mom is stopping by on her tour of the western US.

I may have an opportunity to get the web site up this weekend so you all can see the wonderful, wild Corvair wrenching that's going on.

Looks go for the remaining 2 cars to be off Code Red by the middle of next week.

Ned