<VV> VV re: Turbo fuel return line for Monza

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:58:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/21/04 10:14:37 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
akinzelm@greatnortherncorp.com writes:

> I don't know much about them thar turbos, and I'm not saying this would
> work - but - could the fuel return line be plumbed into the main line somewhere
> before the pump?  Just curious.
> Andy K.

Andy,
Probably not. Here's why. The fuel return line is to avoid/prevent vapor
lock. This occurs within the fuel pump primarily. If you release the vaporized gas
(which occurs becaues of the vapor lock) into the fuel return line, there is
no back pressure that it has to overcome. So the vapor can easily escape. But
in releasing it into the main line, there is all that gas there which does
provide a back pressure obstructing the vapor release.
Regards,
Bob Helt