<VV> Stuck crankshaft followup

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:31:10 -0400

 For those who responded or at least remember, the reground crankshaft
that would not rotate freely has been replaced by Clark's. Mark and his
technicians tried all the usual stuff to determine the cause and
determined it was the crankshaft itself. They went as far as trying a
different crank in my case with new bearings and that is what I took
home. They truly stepped out of the box to assure customer satisfaction.
We did not find out exactly what the problem was, but they solved my
part of it. The case is now assembled with the cam shaft and all is
well.

 Another thought: When I get to fire this thing up, what kind of break
in oil is suggested? I know 20 W non detergent use to be the deal, but
the Flaps just shake their head.

Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS