<VV> 95 Head conversion (zero compression update 2)

Sam & Marissa Andolino mandolin@rochester.rr.com
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:56:16 -0400

Hi Everyone,
What are the pros and cons on converting a 95 hp to a 180 turbo.  The head
on the car and the spare one both are cracked and need to be welded.  The
shop that is doing  the heads is a well known Corvair shop  suggested that I
have them covert a 95 head.  I know that the compression on both 95 and 180
are both low but will the two heads  work together on the same block and
give good performance? Has anyone done this,  and can they give me their
take on this conversion?  The last question is there an issue with the
valves and valves guilds on the different heads can they use the same ones?

Thanks
Sam & Marissa Andolino
mandolin@rochester.rr.com
1963 Red Monza Convertible