<VV> Upholstery Differences

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:44:22 -0500

Not to disagree Tony, but I asked this same question a while back and received a multitude of answers.

As I had acquired a complete set of beautiful 68 Camaro Houndstooth covered seats as part of a package in a swap for a 901 drivetrain (dont ask), I thought that these seats might be kind of exciting in my LM vert. WRONG!

Seats are different sizes, are aligned differently on their bases, and just plain dont work so well.

So what did I do? Used a set of leather Recaros for the fronts and am having my rear (seat) recovered to match. Besides, the Recaro's work better with the harnesses!  <GGG> Plus now I'm thinking how a nice, big intercooler might look in my interior where the rear seat used to be...

I cannot speak intelligently about the Impala or other seats from the same years (or about many things for that matter, some would say)...

Just my .02

Mark Chapman