<VV> Re: oil out of dipstick.

Geoff Johnson geoffj@unm.edu
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:10:08 -0600

Thanks to those who responded on hints about oil problems on the engine.  I
re-checked the PCV hoses last night.  All are clear.  Cleaned the PCV
valve, (new a few months back), and everything is clear.  I run a T in the
line for a attachment point for the vacuum gauge in the Spyder dash in the
car.   I have done this for years but I broke the old one when changing the
engine.  The new one I saw seemed a little restrictive so I opened up the
passageways.  Maybe helped it a bit, but this is right next to the balance
line, so I dont think a lot of air can be restricted by it especially since
it is between balance tube and PCV valve.    Engine has good compression so
no holed piston.  Dont think this one has ever been apart, so who knows
what rings are like.  Anyway I will cut the tube off in the oil pan when I
get a chance to pull it and a new gasket, seem to have run out of spare oil
pan gaskets.

-Geoff