<VV> VV Early Model Mako/Makeover? pictures 2 of 2

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:13:53 -0400

This should be the car you remember....if not it was probably a one off
private owner built as this was the only GM showcar that fit your
description.

The silver car and the blue car are actually the same car.  The car,
when first showed was silver.  The car was painted blue for a different
auto show and still remains blue to this day.  The car was on loan to
the Corvair Museum for a while but is back at GM now.  It still shows up
here and there at GM backed shows and events.

Hope these helped....

Rick Loving

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of John Miller
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:46 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> VV Early Model Mako/Makeover?

 I recall a memory of an early model Corvair that had a fiberglass body
that I
got to take a ride in around 1964 or 65. I first saw the car in the
basement
garage at Stanley Chevy/Olds in Glenwood , Iowa.  A local Insurance man
(i
can't recall his name) I think State Farm Insurance, who usually drove
current
model Vettes was to drive it in a local parade.
 The car was Silver with red interior and had a very much later model
Vette
style rear end look and a Mako Shark style front. I don't recall the
front
headlight configuration but I dont think they were Vette flip
overs....probably fixed position. I believe it had a low cut glass wrap
around
but I dont think it had any kind of convertablke top. This was not a
Monza
GT....although it had some similarities. I was eleven or twelve at the
time
and had no clue what a Monza GT was.
  I can still recall the sounds and the smell of this car not to mention
the
striking red-orange interior and the beautiful light silver exterior.
Just an
old memory I would like to follow up on. Since the car showed up at a
Chevy
dealer I thought it might have been a GM backed prototype project.  But
then
again it may have been a private individuals project. Either way it was
very
cool.
  If anyone might have a clue what this car was or is and have access to
photograph I would appreciate sending it to me off list.

                                        John Miller
                                         Iowa