<VV> VV Early Model Mako/Makeover? pictures 2 of 2

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:18:44 -0700

At 11:13 hours 07/23/2004 -0400, Rick Loving wrote:
>This should be the car you remember....if not it was probably a one off
>private owner built as this was the only GM showcar that fit your
>description.
>
>The silver car and the blue car are actually the same car.  The car,
>when first showed was silver.  The car was painted blue for a different
>auto show and still remains blue to this day.  The car was on loan to
>the Corvair Museum for a while but is back at GM now.  It still shows up
>here and there at GM backed shows and events.

Blue?    last time I saw it, the car was metallic charcoal, almost a
graphite silver.   Perhaps, depending on the lighting, it might appear
blue-tinted but it's not what I'd call blue in standard light.

It  *was* much lighter at one time Back When, before the repaint.

tony..