<VV> Media blasters in or near Michigan, chrome plating

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:39:58 -0400

The first question is only Corvair related by happenstance.  I met with my
body and paint guy today to go over the '65 Corsa turbovert job.  He is
pleased with how solid the car is.  We need to find someone to media blast
the body prior to paint, but there seems to be a dearth of people locally
who are in this business and qualified.  I was wondering if any list members
had any experience with anyone within striking distance of Lansing,
Michigan.  I would be willing to go as far as the Chicago area if need be.
I am shooting for having the car stripped of paint in the first week of
October.

Also, I think I am going to need to get some parts replated.  Specifically,
I need the mirror support, the visor support/latch parts, the radio plate,
wiper and headlight knobs and bases.  Probably also the convertible top
hooks.  Any suggestions where to go to get these replated, or does anyone
have clean, unpitted parts they would like to sell?

Thanks

Norm Witte