<VV> Media blasters in or near Michigan, chrome plating

Frank F Parker fparker@umich.edu
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 21:39:16 -0400 (EDT)

> The first question is only Corvair related by happenstance.  I met with my
> body and paint guy today to go over the '65 Corsa turbovert job.  He is
> pleased with how solid the car is.  We need to find someone to media blast
> the body prior to paint, but there seems to be a dearth of people locally
> who are in this business and qualified.  I was wondering if any list members
> had any experience with anyone within striking distance of Lansing,
> Michigan.  I would be willing to go as far as the Chicago area if need be.
> I am shooting for having the car stripped of paint in the first week of
> October.

Norm,

Call Tim at Ace Stripping in Hazel Park , MI. He came and got the NSvair
and did a great job doing plastic media blasting. Does not take off orig
primer. He also did AlO2 blasting where there was any rust(almost none)
Phone is888-223-1011

> Also, I think I am going to need to get some parts replated.  Specifically,
> I need the mirror support, the visor support/latch parts, the radio plate,
> wiper and headlight knobs and bases.  Probably also the convertible top
> hooks.  Any suggestions where to go to get these replated, or does anyone
> have clean, unpitted parts they would like to sell?

Adams Plating in Lansing did a great job on my front tie bar. 517-321-8239

regards,

frank