<VV> Moving LM chassis

Charles B. Peck cpeck@salmoninternet.com
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 15:50:42 -0600

-------- Condensed Original Message --------

My '65 Corsa vert is coming along OK, so I have started the resurrection
my '65 Corsa Coupe, who's chassis has been suspended from the roof of my
garage for more than 20 years.

I want to get the chassis outside the garage so I can get it transported
to Vair Mart to get the 140 engine being rebuilt there along with the
front suspension put in.

-------- End Condensed Original Message --------

Group -

Must have been to concise.

The Suspended chassis has no motor/trans or suspension in it; these are
in the corners. It was suspended  by chains from ceiling to 6X6s which
went under the car through the wheel wells in front and back. This
allowed me to park convertible under it. Two Corvairs in one garage
space :^) Coupe was originally meant as parts car, but in a moment of
weakness I sold my other 65 Corsa Coupe (got married; my wife thought
she should be able to park her car inside; guy showed up with ready
money), but after reading "Corvair Basics" I decided the "parts car"
might make a better starting point than something I could afford today.

The garage has standard single car garage door. My F150 won't go through
it without folding back the mirrors. My car trailer certainly won't go
through the door - they make them wide in Idaho.

 From messages I received directly, dollies may not be the best idea;
maybe I should be looking to rent a smaller trailer in the Sunnyvale, CA
area, but if anyone has better ideas, I am intersted.

TIA

Chuck

cpeck@salmoninternet.com