<VV> LM Engine Compartment Seal

Roger Gault r.gault@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 18:33:17 -0500

I just replaced the seal around the engine compartment on my '65 and ran into
a problem.

For some reason it never occurred to me to pay attention to the 4 curved metal
pieces that hold the seal to the body in the corners.  Normally, I would have
marked them, but....   So, now I have 4 similar, but not identical pieces and
no clues.

So after considerable, "Well, this one looks like @#$% here, but it fits
better than the other three.", I got them pried and pushed into the corners in
some order, but they don't fit well and I'm sure they're mixed up.  I'll deal
with it when the engine comes out this fall.

Is there a magic decoder ring as to which bracket goes in which corner?

Roger