<VV> squeak and chirp (c)

Lauren C Mizel slmizel@juno.com
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 19:08:19 -0500

Being a rookie stinks because you feel dumb asking such basic
questions...but rookie I am and dumb I will be until I learn from
experience (breaking something) or wisdom (I prefer the latter).  My next
move has been to try to remove the axle on the rear passenger side to
find out if the trouble is with the wheel bearing or differential...that
is where I have been for the last several hours.  I have never removed an
axle before, so I consulted the shop manual.  I took off the conectors on
the U joints and jacked up the wheel (like the shop manual instructs),
but I have had zero luck "prying" the axle out of the U joint yokes...I
even tried removing the lower control arm thinking that might help, but
found I couldn't because when I try to back the bolt out it hits the back
(front?) of the engine before it gets clearance to come out completely.
Should I just get out my heavy duty pry bar and tork on that sucker with
all I've got (from what I have tried previously, I think I will have to
rig some sort of extention on the end of my pry bar if that is the case
because I am not getting that thing to move so far)?

Steve Mizel the Rookie, St. Louis
CORSA
65 Corsa Vert 140/4

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!