<VV> Newbie questions - 64 Monza Convertible

John Headley robedinpurple@yahoo.com
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 17:48:48 -0700 (PDT)

I picked up my new 64 monza convertible yesterday.
Naturally, I have questions after spending a little
time with it.

You can see pictures of this stuff at:
http://www.geocities.com/robedinpurple/vair.html

The ignition doesn't seem to actually require a key.
I can turn it and start the car without one.  Is this
normal?  If not, what needs replacing?  Maybe the
cylinder?

The rear windows appear to be missing a piece of trim
to make them mate up to the front windows.  Is this
called quarter window trim?

On the body at the rear of the door, at the top near
the window, there seems to be something
missing(trim?).  I have holes with nothing in them.

I have a large puddle of reddish fluid that appeared
overnight on my garage floor in front of the rear
wheel well.  It is dripping from the body seam and
possibly the drain holes.  It is definitely some kind
of oil, but does not look like the fluid on the axle
or engine dipsticks.  Could this be a leaking power
top cylinder, and the fluid finding its way out of the
car?

Thanks for your help,
John Headley
Royal Oak, MI