<VV> Newbie questions - 64 Monza Convertible

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 21:30:08 -0400

Welcome, John.  You picked the best possible Corvair, in my opinion.

The ignition switches wear out over time.  There should be a lock position,
which normally requires a key to turn into or out of, but possibly with time
that may have worn out as well.  Once the switch is turned out from lock, a
key is no longer required.

If your car is an automatic, the red fluid is most likely ATF.  It gets
thrown up under the car and drips everywhere.  I don't think any other fluid
is that color.

Yes, you are missing some weatherstripping.  Look at this page of Clark's
Corvair Parts:
http://tinyurl.com/7yqfv

By the way, Are you a member of CORSA (Corvair Society of America)?
http://www.corvair.org/

If not, you should consider joining.  You will get a great monthly magazine
(see an issue on the web site above.  Also, living in Royal Oak, MI, you
should hook up with the DACC (Detroit Area Corvair Club):
http://dacc.provide.net

Good Luck and Welcome to Virtual Vairs and the wonderful world of Corvairs!

Bill Hubbell
CORSA Secretary and Eastern Director
President, Tidewater Corvair Club