<VV> Thanks to Lack of Pertronix

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:45:15 -0400

Smitty says:  Time rolled around to run through the dwell and timing on
Spike and while I was checking things out I caught a glimpse of something
moving so I watched a little closer.  Then I saw a tiny speck jump out of
the breather hole on top of my fuel pump.  AHHA, upper diaphragm was
failing.  After I verified that it was indeed gasoline coming from the
hole I changed the pump.  Darned old mechanical pump that was on the car
when I dug it out of the bean field over two years ago.  Sure glad it
wasn't one of those electric contraptions leaking unnoticed down under
the car someplace.  And I owe it all to not having a Petronix.  Life is
good.