<VV> squeak and chirp

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:08:40 EDT

Hi Steve,

I am a little behind reading my postings so you may have resolved the issue
already.  A quick question / suggestion.  Have you tried removing the drum and
checking the brakes?  If not, do so before you get into the axles, bearings
and differential.  Take off the wheel and drum and turn the hub to see if the
drag and noise continues.  This will identify or eliminate the brakes as the
source of your problem and you can dig further elsewhere if necessary.  Also, you
already have the car jacked up so crawl under there and have someone turn the
drum as you have been doing.  With your head between the diff and the drum /
brake assembly, from which direction is the noise coming?  That should tell
you where to focus your attention.

Good luck,
Doc