<VV> Update and transmission/differential questions

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:21:31 -0700 (PDT)

Corsa revival update:

I started rebuilding carbs on the weekend. These
little carbs are great because I could fit the whole
base and cover into my 1 gallon can of carb cleaner.
They had to soak for a while, but they are nice and
clean and I've replaced the parts using the tune up
kit. They had to soak for a while, so I only got two
done.

Meantime I sandblasted the outside of the brake drums
and sanded the rust off the inside. Got three of these
done and painted them black after the blasting. Pulled
one of the brake cylinders and it was pitted badly so
I'm going to replace all the cylinders and upgrade to
a dual Master cylinder.

Decided to give up on the gas tank and sender. Just
ordered the whole works from Clark's.

Ordered a used front anti sway bar from Corvair ranch.
I'm going to return it to stock.

Found a source (I think) for interior lacquer paint.

Turned my attention to the transmission and
differential. The differential is leaking from the
axle seals, this looks like an easy fix. But what
about the guts? The car had 122 thousand miles on it
in '74 when it was taken off the road. Are there
things that are almost certain to be required in the
transmission or differential?

David Macdonald
'65 Corsa 140 coupe
In storage since May '74