<VV> New Corvair Song

Anthony Buck Hansen tonyhansen@heartland.net
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 18:48:12 -0500

Fun song, true to life for many, but not new. I've had it since March 11,
2001

It's off the "No Such Place" album. It has both "Corvair" and "Corvair
Reprise"

Here's a link to a review of the album:
http://www.epinions.com/content_80348941956?sp=irev
Here's a link to purchase,sample, and read more reviews on the album:
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product_Id=3875548&JRSource=DealTime.music.403443_CD

He's a brief biography on Jim White:
PRIMARY GENRE: Americana

Singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist writes uniquely Americana (but
hard-to-pigeonhole) songs that blend elements of soul, R&B, country, folk,
Gospel and rock into a swampy musical soup of Southern gothic tall tales
about the odd twists of life and love. White's laidback, but forceful drawl
of a baritone voice imbues his material with a certain Gospel fervor. On his
debut album, Wrong Eyed Jesus, he is assisted by producer (and kindred
spirit) Joe Henry, members of Tom Waits' backing band, and Friends of Dean
Martinez. The result is a swooping, clanking, atmospherically rootsy sound
that is both grave and purposefully amusing.

- Eric S