<VV> Dream engine...

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:54:52 -0500

See, now, that would be YOUR dream engine - not mine.

I'd want more everyday use out of mine.  Mine would love to go autocrossing
and be competitive at it, but not be so lumpy at idle that I'd be
embarrassed at red lights.  Oh, I've already got that!  GREAT!

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Chapman" <chapmanmd@charter.net>
To: <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: <VV> Dream engine...

> I have a theoretical question for all of you.
>
> If you were to build, or have built, your "dream" Corvair engine to be
used for the occaisional cruise, but mainly for track days or DE events,
what would this engine "look like?" This engine would be going into a street
legal 66 Monza vert body that had a very nice refurbishing done. Suspension
would be decided later also.

> This "dream car" would not be for the purist, but rather for the spirited,
experienced driver who wanted to have fun in it rather than seek Concours
points or ratings... Please keep in mind that the majority of time, this car
would spend time on the track (not autocrossed) rather than the street...