<VV> Portland in 2005

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:44:54 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2004 7:08:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
shaun_mcgarvey@shaw.ca writes:
140 or so on the staights. Sometimes the "festival turns" aren't used and
I'd enter turn 1 (turn 4 w/"festival") at 140.
I'll never forget going into turn 1 on the left side of the track at 140mph
and being passed by a Porsche 934 that was off line, totally on the right
edge of the track, doing about 50mph more than me, flames shooting out his
exhaust as he lifted and just turned, changing direction from staight line
to straight line. Awesome

 You got that, It had to be Monty Shelton, he's been running PIR in a Porsche
for more years then most of us can remember. I think he started about the
time Hershel McGraff did.
 Turn 1 is fun and faster then you think, my best memory of PIR was the start
on a Formula car race in the rain, I started in the back and when the green
came out all I saw was spray so went over to the wall on the outside and when
it cleared enough to see was in second in class going into 1, Only problem was
I was on dries, so I stayed in his tire tracks till I got greedy about half
way and tried to pass (FOOLLLL) ended up a distant 3rd.Oh was also my first road
racing trophy.
rich