<VV> Emergency Car Care Kit (No Corvair)

Roger Gault r.gault@sbcglobal.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 09:56:30 -0500

The paranoids are after us.  ;-)
You should move out of that dangerous iowuh place and move down to God's
country (Texas).

In 42 years of driving and being occasionally dead beside the road, I don't
think I've ever had to wait more than 10 minutes (probably 5) for some kind
soul to stop and help.  On at least two occasions, I've had guys stop, take
me back 20 miles or so to the nearest town, wait while I bought tools/parts,
take me back to the car and wait until I got it fixed in case I needed
another ride.

Last year, while I was having electrical problems in the convert, I ended up
stranded on a freeway turn-around lane with a dead battery.  I got out and
held up a pair of jumper cables.  As soon as they went up, a guy jumped out
of a car on the farside of the service road (traffic was stopped for a
light) and blocked traffic so his buddy could cut across two lanes and come
to my rescue.

It works both ways.  I few years ago I was coming back from the coast and
watched a 16 year old kid go to sleep and roll his Jeep Cherokee (now
there's a car that's unsafe at any speed).  It landed wheels down, and
nobody was hurt, but the kid was freaked out.  I stopped, and stayed with
the kid for nearly an hour until the cops showed up.  The guy behind me
stopped and went for the cops.

You guys that think the country has gone to hell need to quit watching the
pinko news media and get out and meet some real 'mericans.  ;-)

Redneck without a gun,
  Roger