<VV> Update and transmission/differential questions - Now interior paint

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:20:59 -0700 (PDT)

It's Duracryl (by PPG) Acrylic Lacquer. Looks like you
can get the formula's for the interior paints in
Duracryl lacquer if you have the Ditzler codes.

I was withholding my source only until I have actually
bought the paint and tried it out.

Matching the color is simpler than matching the gloss.
Some of the newer enamels cannot be flattened to 0
gloss. Flat (0 gloss) is what is original and what you
want on your dashboard.

I wasted some time on the Dupont line. They have
discontinued their Lacquer and have not cross matched
the '65 interior codes to any modern paint.

I'll report results when I repaint the dash. It may be
tough because you need to spray the paint so it's
uniformly flat.

David
'65 Corsa 140 Coupe

P.S.
I crossed the $2000 mark on parts last week. Most of
it from Clark's. I think I'll pry the Chevrolet name
off and replace it with Clark's.

Corvair Ranch sent me a nifty little flashlight with
my last order.

I'm going on vacation so I'll lose two weekends of
work on the car. The Clark's show can only happen for
me if I take some time off just to work on the car.