<VV> Dream engine...If I won the lotto...

Rick Loving ral1963@earthlink.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:26:38 -0400

Without even going into seriously different engineering or coping the
DOHC individual head design, just look at what the stock Corvair head
could have for cooling fins if a CNC billet head was created.

http://www.lnengineering.com/type1.html

Scroll down to Case study #2 and look at the picture to the right, the
picture shows the difference between casted fins and billet cut fins.
They gained several additional fins and maintained the same air spacing
for flow.

One could also extend the fins where ever there was room to gain even
more fin surface area and still retain all the stock parts around it.
While you are at it, massage the intake and exhaust paths to mimic fully
ported heads with a slant tube exhaust.

Rick Loving

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Andrade [mailto:vairieties@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 8:12 PM
To: Rick Loving; 'Patten Del R Civ AFRL Det 8/PKMA'
Cc: virtualvairs@skiblack.com
Subject: RE: <VV> Dream engine...If I won the lotto...

"(Maybe I can afford to have my own heads designed and CNC's to my
spec's)"

Okay, if this were part of the options, is there something we could do
increase the cooling efficiency (while still maintaining something
resembling the stcok configuration. I'm not trying to build a Lycoming
engine here)? I'm thinking increase the fin area or somthing like that.

Mark Andrade
67 Monza Sedan
Memember CNHCA & CORSA