<VV> Replacement part quality

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:35:48 -0700

You're referring to the guy with the letter in the latest Communique.
The fact that he whines all over the map, doesn't give specifics and
won't sign his name ought to tell you something. For our part NONE of
our mechanical parts are made in third world countries.  These days most
appearance parts (mirrors, trim, die cast cars etc) are made in Taiwan,
Jamaica, Red China among other places.  That's just how it is. If he had
been specific as to which parts he was whining about and where they had
come from there might be a basis for a rational dialogue.

Reproduction parts for Corvairs (done by vendors at least) are of good
quality with few exceptions - and they are INEXPENSIVE. Much more
inexpensive than they usually are with other makes.  The aforementioned
letter reminds me of an experience we had with a gentleman down south of
us a few years back. This individual ordered about 40 various items from
us then returned nearly all of them with a lenghty letter explaining why
they were all "crap". Problem was, nearly none of the parts were
reproductions - all were USA made (and top of the line too - are AC
spark plugs "crap" for example - are Seth's spark plug wires "crap"? I
think you get the idea). With only minor exceptions, his letter was full
of outright nonesense and observations that no rational person would
ever even contemplate. Turns out a little later we found out he was a
new "competitor". (No it wasn't Dave)  Still didn't make him or his
actions sane, in my opinion.

It would be interesting to know who wrote the Communique letter and
where he got the parts from (and which ones) and if the boy is grinding
a new axe or.......... .  Lon

www.corvairunderground.com