<VV> rebuilding the dream

R. Byers rbyers03@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:15:19 -0400

Mike Moose asks a sensible question, especially for those of us who have not
rebuilt our engines and compared parts over the years.  Thanks to Marty Scarr
for his listing of what various builders would do for each of three
conditions.  This 110 hp rebuild is a nice page as are the two others.
However, one of the things that seems to be missing is generally what these
cost and especially, what torque and hp output one might expect.  Even if you
spoke to all the builders, the real issue is how one would decide which to
choose without measurements.
For example, I have the relatively ancient road tests and magazine test where
the hp and acceleration was measured after each mod.  I think others would
like to know what those present measurements are from one of the engine
builders.  That way we can gauge, for example, if deflashing was worth,say,
and extra $50.

Ron Byers
Largo, FL