<VV> Replacement part quality

corvairs lonwall@corvairunderground.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:34:47 -0700

Well, without knowing where the hanger came from it's hard to comment.
So far as I know all the hanger repros on the market are correct guage.
BUT, in answer to the die stamping question - there COULD be a huge
difference in die costs between 1/8" inch material and 1/16th. Everyone
knows that the repro door sill plates are of softer aluminum than
original - but that had to be because original  hardness would have made
the tooling prohibitivly expensive and therefore impossible- Lon

www.corvairunderground.com