<VV> Replacement part quality

Eric S. Eberhard flash@vicspdi.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:40:58 -0700

Part of the problem -- there are plenty of cheap, available Corvairs in
junk yards with perfect sheet metal for no dollars.  I am now considering
purchasing a 100% rust-free 64 Spyder Coupe (with the hubcaps!).  The
junkyard owner says it was running when parked.  It rolls, brakes feel
good, low price.  It is hard to build new sheet metal to compete with
that.  California Corvair Parts parts out a lot of rust-free Corvairs and
seems to throw away a lot of usable sheet metal.
Nobody wants it.

Anybody want the 64 Spyder ... I want a few parts and then I would consider
reselling it?  Or I might get greedy and get it running and sell it on ebay :-)

At 12:08 PM 7/29/2004, Mike Stillwell wrote:

>--- "Eric S. Eberhard" <flash@vicspdi.com> wrote:
> > Price and selection and competition is excellent for
> > Corvair parts versus
> > other older cars.  We are lucky to have so much
> > variety at fair prices.
>
>  I agree, but have you ever seen how much sheet metal
>you can get for some other cars? I'm quite confident
>that you could pretty much build a new '69 Camaro,
>with all the repro metal that is available. A car I
>saw recently, had everything replaced except the
>firewall, the roof and the front frame rails. I can
>think of many panels we could use, but as one big
>vendor always says "you have to buy these so we can
>make some of the others". True.
>
>  Mike
>  YS-117

>http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(800) 569-1122          Denver Office (I am never there, you can leave a
message)

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off when I
sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

http://www.vicspdi.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicspdi.com/ourpics/index.html