<VV> Communique Policy questioned

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 22:38:14 -0400

Often local papers have a policy to allow "name withheld by request"
letters, and for good reason. The letter writer has to live in that
community, and sometimes expressing an unpopular idea will result in
unwanted and sometimes vicious reprisals. Not everyone subscribes to the
founding father's quote of "I disagree with what you say, but I will
defend to the death your right to say it."

Flame me if you will, but those who want to remain anonomous when
expressing an unpopular idea ought to have that option. And we should
respect their right to do so.

-Mark