Renault and Cryco, was: <VV> Communique Policy questioned(Humor)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:47:33 -0700

At 06:53 hours 07/30/2004 -0400, airvair wrote:
>If memory serves me right, AMC got involved with Renault first. When
>Chryco bought them up, they were stuck with the Renault deal and tried
>to make the best of it, but to no avail. Only the ill-fated Dodge Monaco
>was developed because of the connection. The Alliance was purely AMC's
>doing, and was initially (and for most of its run) a success, not a
>disaster for AMC. It kept them afloat until they were bought up.
>
>-Mark
>
>kaczmarek@charter.net wrote:
>>
>> This would be easily confused.
>>
>> Chrysler did get involved with the french--Renault...the disastrous
Alliance and Fuego.

>> HANK

Ma Mopar got mixed up with the French before that...  Simca (later Talbot).
  This was back before AMC was called that, when they were still Rambler.
Remember those cute little Simca econoboxes with the Chrysler Pentastar on
the right lower front fender...?

tony..