Renault and Cryco, was: <VV> Communique Policy questioned(Humor)

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:53:52 -0400

If memory serves me right, AMC got involved with Renault first. When
Chryco bought them up, they were stuck with the Renault deal and tried
to make the best of it, but to no avail. Only the ill-fated Dodge Monaco
was developed because of the connection. The Alliance was purely AMC's
doing, and was initially (and for most of its run) a success, not a
disaster for AMC. It kept them afloat until they were bought up.

-Mark