<VV> VV Voltaire, French, and Chevrolet - Swiss

Guus de Haan guusdehaan@wanadoo.nl
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:10:13 +0200

Op 31-jul-04 om 6:33 heeft LonzoVair@aol.com het volgende geschreven:

> From the World Book, it looks like Louis was Swiss, which is what I
> thought... I had expected some of our European VV members to chime in,
> but since they
> didn't, I will.

Lon, you know more then I do, but then again I'm not Swiss ;-)

We visit the town of La Chaux-de-Fonds were Chevrolet was born last
year on our Holiday. Not especially because of Chevrolet but there's
also a big museum on clocks and watches. There may be somethings in the
town referring to him but we didn't see them. I guess it's been to long
for most Swiss people, they have new heroes like Nicholas G. Hayek the
inventor of Swatch and inspirator for the small Smart car.

Regards,

Guus de Haan
The Netherlands
'65 Corsa Convertible 180 HP