<VV> VV Voltaire, French, and Chevrolet

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 00:33:37 EDT

>From the World Book, it looks like Louis was Swiss, which is what I
thought... I had expected some of our European VV members to chime in, but since they
didn't, I will.
Chevrolet, Louis (1878-1941), helped organize the Chevrolet Motor Company in
1911, and designed its first automobile. He was also a leading figure in
automobile racing, and was elected to the automobile racing Hall of Fame in 1952.
Chevrolet sold his interest in the motor company in 1915. He then began
building racing cars. His Monroe won the Indianapolis 500-mile race in 1920. His
Frontenac won the race in 1921. Chevrolet and his brother Arthur organized the
Chevrolet Brothers Aircraft Company in 1929, but it failed. Born near Bern,
Switzerland, Chevrolet moved to the United States in 1900.
Later,
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg