<VV> VV Voltaire, French, and Chevrolet - Swiss

LonzoVair@aol.com LonzoVair@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:03:46 EDT

In a message dated 7/31/2004 8:07:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
guusdehaan@wanadoo.nl writes:
Lon, you know more then I do, but then again I'm not Swiss ;-)

Guus,
I wouldn't say I know more than you do... I'm just a little fish in a big
pond... well, ok, a medium sized fish... Heck, you're even FLUENT in several
languages! I can only speak enough Spanish to land myself in jail or get my face
slapped!
;-)
 I remember reading about the racers from the early days, Eddie Rickenbacker,
Barney Oldfield, Fred and August Deusenberg, and of course Louis Chevrolet.
They all did "a lap or two" up at the Brickyard, and if you ever find yourself
in Indianapolis, Indiana, you MUST check out the Museum there. I took so many
pictures of racecars I used up 3 rolls of film! They've been racing up there
for almost 100 years!
Take care, and thanks for the kind words!
Lonzo

Lon Anderson in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Central Kentucky Corvair, Derby City Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly editor
1961 Greenbrier pg, daily driver
1963 Greenbrier 4spd.
1964 700 sedan 95/pg