<VV> Fuel Filter Performance

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:17:29 EDT

Just a note to those who are using the Purolater type in line fuel filter
with the glass cylinder and plastic filter inside - they don't seem to work very
well. I installed one on the family riding mower (because of a less than
perfect and very old fuel tank) and had to disassemble and clean the carburetor
twice in 5 hours of mowing. Each time there was trash in the main jet. I could
see some trash in the filter itself, and some got through. It has a pretty tight
air cleaning system (prefilter and filter), so it is almost certainly coming
in via the fuel. So if you have one, I recommend replacement or a backup (or
at least checking it) if you have a nasty fuel system.
Grant