<VV> <VV>More Corvair Parts trivia

Bill Hubbell Bill Hubbell" <whubbell@umich.edu
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:53:09 -0400

Only a few Corvairs actually had the name "Corvair" on them.  For extra
credit, name them all.

As for the parts common to All Corvairs, unchanged from their introduction
on the first 1960 model to the last 1969 model (including FCs), excluding
hardware, consumables, or parts common to other cars:

Here are the parts we have found so far (feel free to correct)
--Push rods
--Push Rod Tubes
--Cam Gear
--Oil Slinger
--Idler Pulley support (but not the pulley)
--Oil sump Pickup and tube
--Engine Case Studs
--Engine Rocker Studs
--LH Cylinder air baffle

Here are parts that are potential candidates:
--RH cylinder air baffle (had hole for road draft tube)
--Crankcase vent (between crankcase and crankcase cover)
--Rocker Balls?

Here are parts that have been suggested but rejected:
Crankcase cover - two versions (bearing shaft)
Oil Pan - two versions
Rocker Covers - at least three versions
Engine rear housing - at least two versions
Bell housing - at least three versions
Valve Keepers - at least two versions
Rocker Arms - at least two versions
Fuel Pump - two versions
Heat shields - multiple versions
Thermostats - at least three versions
Oil pressure switch - two versions
Coil -- two versions offered
Spark Plug Wires (Consumable) - at least two versions
Fan Belt - consumable
Spark Plugs - multiple versions

Door handles - at least three versions
Jacks - at least three versions
Jack Handles - at least two versions
Anything to do with transmissions - because some were PG, Some MT, etc.
Anything to do with rear axles - same reason
Anything to do with suspensions
Anything to do with lights (Headlights not unique to Corvair)

Have yet to find any body parts common to all Corvairs.

Bill Hubbell