<VV> Matching numbers, Corvette people (humor)

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 22:36:38 -0700

At 1752 06/01/2004 -0400, NicolCS@aol.com wrote:
>Good thought, Toby, only I think the early/late debate should be valued
>closer to $10.
>=:-o
>Tee Hee Hee, Craig
>Craig,
>I would like to offer you an escape from your pain.  Since the early/late
>debate is worth about $1 IMO, and you claim the "dated and correct" debate
is
>10,000 times more unpleasant, I will offer to take the Corvette off your
hands
>for $10,000.  I consider that a generous offer to alleviate this mundane
pain.
>I will hence bear the burden of knowing some of this car may not be
perfectly
>correct.

Oh, be glad you aren't mixed up with the Mopar musclecar matching-numbers
nitwits.

Lately,over the last couple years there have been several 1971 Hemi-Cuda
ragtops sold, on Ebay and at the big car auctions in SoCal.    Now, a true
matching numbers '71 Hemi-Cuda ragtop is a scarce fish that really brings
in the bucks bigtime.    The last three sales of restored/original mint
condition matching numbers '71 Hemi-Cuda ragtops brought in SEVEN
significant figure sums.    I'm not kidding.

A "cloned" '71 Hemi-Cuda ragtop with a crate Hemi engine (no matching VIN)
in mint condition might bring 175k.     Do the math.

A million bucks+ for a car that cost ~5500 new...    And you say the 'Vette
people are lunatics?

tony..      no Hemi-Cuda