<VV> Was Remote Starter, NOW QUIET!

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:49:33 -0400

Stainless-steel studs, brass nuts are best. Thread is 3/8-16. In the event
you bugger the (originally) threaded holes in the ears of the manifolds, you
CAN drill the holes out to 3/8" and use either bolts or an extra nut behind
the drilled-out ear(s). Either way, use thread locker to keep the
studs/bolts from turning when you're cranking down the nut in final assemly.
Doesn't have to be terribly strong stuff - just enough to hold the stud/bolt
still during assembly (but give it time to dry).
     Clark's and likely other vendors sell these studs and nuts in a kit,
which I have used with satisfaction.
     By the way, what's your last name, Mike? Not "in Atlanta," I don't
suppose.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 3:21 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Was Remote Starter, NOW QUIET!

The studs on the exhaust manifolds on my 66 140/PG seem to be crap -
nonexistant.

If I was going to the hardware store to get some bolts, nuts, jam nuts,
etc. -

What would you folks recommend for size/material of the bolts/nuts?

I am looking for an easy way to attach the manifolds to the mufflers (or is
that mufflers to the manifolds..)

Mike in Altanta