<VV> Re: YH Carb

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:53:42 EDT

A lot of YH carbs leak and need a fuel pressure regulator as a matter of
normality, but since yours is leaking at the filter nut, it is more likely a
leaking or misadjusted float, or a loose or sticking needle/seat. I have found that
Mercury outboard paint, sealed with satin finish clear paint, gives you a
close to stock looking carb. I powdercoat these on a regular basis and it is
critical to remove every spec of paint and all embedded (soaked in) chemicals for
a good looking powdercoating effort. As for "how", you need a special "spray"
gun, powder, and an oven that you never want to cook in again. Send a private
note for details on how to get all the small parts coated properly.
The Carbmeister
one the carb is leaking around the top carburater fuel filter nut. Second is
that when idling at a light engine will, at times, start to lose rpms and will
miss when
taking off from the light, sounding like it's flooded. Can often smell gas
too when this occurs..Usually clears quickly and runs fine until the next
light..sounds like a intermittantly sticking float, or am I way off base....?

Ok time to rebuild however I would like to REpaint it at the same time.
Recommendations for painting, IE type of paint and should I try to
remove the old paint b/4 painting?? Can one powder coat a carb and how would
one do that if possible??