<VV> 140 vs 180 (WAY into humor)

Duane, Jim Jim.Duane@DigitalNet.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:07:52 -0400

 So, OK, all you disgruntled 180 owners, will trade you a working
complete 180 straight up for a 140... What?  The turbo is more fun you
say?

"The strong seem get more while the weak ones fade.
Empty pockets never make the grade.
Momma may have.
Poppa may have.
But God bless the child who's got his own" (Turbo)

I'm keeping mine.

Jim Duane
'66 180 Corsa cvt.
Colonial Corvairs
CORSA

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org] On Behalf Of NicolCS@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2004 4:59 PM
To: bwschug@charter.net; virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> 140 vs 180 (straying into humor)

<snip> -
(Craig said:)
- Carb linkage, especially secondaries and linkage-wear issues
- Hose and spark-plug wire routing is critical

(Bruce replied:) I'm glad you guys have pointed out to me that the carb
linkage and plug wire routing are a problem. I've driven a 140 for... I
guess over twenty-five years and wasn't aware of that. I'll have to
start worrying about them. Bruce <unsnip>

(Craig says:) Oh, No problem!  Don't worry, Scotty has installed a
magnetic containment field around your vehicle's spark plug wires to
keep them away from that pesky, Romulan, right secondary linkage!  What
were they thinking, putting an outpost so near the neutral zone?

You are right of course.  These items aren't a problem, just an issue.
You can install the right side plug wires at midnight in a mineshaft on
a turbo motor.  With a 140 you actually have to think about it a little.
No big deal, just takes a little extra care.
Craig Nicol