<VV> SORRY I'LL MISS YOU ALL !!

TONY FIORE tonycorsa@juno.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:29:52 -0400

        Greetings to all you guys going to Lexington, Kentucky.
I envy all of you, as I was really looking forward to going this
year, but circumstances have dictated otherwise.
I may as well tell you all the real reason I'm not traveling this year.
My doctor has advised me not to travel since I am being treated for a
prostate condition, and I am under observation.  Also I am on a
continuing heart regimen, but the main reason is the prostate.
My wife Rose insisted that I make this statement, for fear of speculation
by CORSA \members that I was staying away for some other reasons.
        I was really looking forward to this Convention because it
happens to be in an area that has many old memories for me.
        During World War II, I was not the one to decide where I was
going to work. As a recent graduate from N.Y.U. with specialization in
Industrial Plant Organization and Management, the U.S. Government sent me
to work at  a Gunpowder Plant near Louisville Kentucky, (Charlestown,
Indiana) in early 1941 before we went to war.
        When the war broke out on Pearl Harbor Day in December 1971, I
was transferred to a new plant in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, that was going to
produce some mysterious new explosive that we didn't know what the Hell
it was.  It turned out to be the Atomic Bomb !!
         Anyway, I was looking forward to revisit this memorable area
once again, but fate dictated otherwise. Have fun, all you guys.!!!

Tony Fiore,
Pres. Mail-Copy Publications
Author- "THE CORVAIR DECADE"