<VV> quick shifter

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:07:01 -0400

On Jun 15, 2004, at 10:53 PM, Cody White wrote:

> i have a 65 monza 4 door... and its about ready for the road after
> about a year of restoration.. now me and my dad arent master
> mechanincs but we konw enough to get around... now on my car i ordered
> a quick shifter from clarks and before i confirm it.. i wanted to know
> what the difficulty of installing this is?... its a 4 spd. does it
> require jacking the car up? any special tools or anything? just any
> bit you guys can give me will help.. let me know..
>
> thanks alot.. Cody

Years ago I tried to install one of these and was never able to get it
set up properly. Getting the shims set up is the problem, as I recall.
Lon Wall has one available that he claims works better. I don't know if
it's different than what Clark's sells or not.

In the end what I did was simply rebuild the linkage as has been
suggested by others. Be sure the connector at the rear is good. Install
the Clark's bushings in the shaft. Clean and lube everything and
reassemble.

If anyone has successfully installed the quick shifter either from
Clark's or Lon Wall, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Bruce

Bruce W, Schug
CORSA South Carolina
Greenville, SC