<VV> Engine noise question - sorry, long

John Kepler bigjohnohio@worldnet.att.net
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:11:48 -0400

> If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all......
>
> Todd

Without ANY intent to make you feel worse, but more as a warning to
others.....luck had very little to do with this failure!  One simply can't
hope for the best when doing engine work....you have to know that torques
are correct, journals are round, and the bearing the proper size.
"Assuming" that everything's OK is what causes expensive "inspection holes".
Todd........Plastigage costs a dollar per package, and prevents ANYONE from
relying on "luck" on whether or not a bearing is going to work!

We used it when building engines with precision machine work that was done
by the best in the business, and that cost as much as a modest house when we
were done!  One measly buck's-worth of Plastigage saved more than one
6-digit engine.....and it likely would have saved yours!

John