<VV> Engine noise question - sorry, long

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 21:20:23 EDT

Thank you for the comments, and you are probably right, but many of us are
NOT mechanics, and although I know what an engine looks like and how it
generally goes together, I have NO idea of what "plastigage" is, nor have I ever seen
it used or read about it in the reading I have done in the Corvair manuals I
have. (maybe I missed it)  Yes, maybe it would have saved me a lot of time and
a lot of money, but if I (or a bunch of other inexperienced mechanics who just
happen to like Corvairs) don't know what it is, and no one suggests it, I
guess we will have to rely on luck, and expensive lessons.  That is hopefully
what CORSA, the beginners manual, and VV will help prevent to keep our hobby
alive.

Todd