<VV> (no subject)

Scott M Neal smn@eggs.com
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 07:44:47 -0700

	My experiences with vapor locking on my '66 turbo were the opposite
of this--if the engine was cold, it would start right up, and run great
until you stopped it.  Then the trouble began--it would often take
over a half hour for it to cool down enough before it would start again
(which made stops at the gas station a bit longer than I would have
liked, and forced me to physically PUSH my vapor-locked car through
the US/Canadian border a few years ago).

	I got a new fuel pump, filter, new fuel lines, etc.  Problem never
really went away (although the new fuel pump made it happen less often).
The problem was solved very simply--a vented gas cap.  Although it
sometimes takes a few tries to get going after a quick stop, I never
get stuck for 30+ minutes again.

					Scott