<VV> Newbie with antenna question

Charles B. Peck cpeck@salmoninternet.com
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:59:24 -0600

Hi -

I am new to list, but not to Corvairs. Last weekend I showed my '65
turbo CORSA convert. at the Salmon Idaho Father's Day Car Show. Mine was
the only Corvair at show, but I met at least two groups that talked
about showing Corvairs next year. (Last year there was one Corvair - not
as nice as mine :^) Intrest was mild - Salmon is really a truck place!

I was surprised to have two men (independently) who said in essence
"Corvairs, now there is a car I hated!" They were both mechanic types
that had had trouble with oil leaks with Corvairs. Brought back memories
of my '62 700 sedan which I had in '65 through '67. It would leave about
1/2 cup of oil wherever I parked :^(

Now for the question. I have a radio antenna on the rear passenger's
fender. It is designed to raked the antenna at about 45 degrees from
vertical. Unfortunately someone decided to bend the antenna even more
:^( I tried to get a replacement from Clark's, but it just sticks
straight up. At the car show last weekend there was a Chevelle with two
antennas like mine should be! I talked to the owner, and he suggested
"OPG" and "Force One" (not positive that I remembered the names
correctly). I found "Original Parts Group" on the web, but nothing
appropriate for "Force One". I didn't SEE the antenna I was looking for,
but as it MUST be out there, I hope someone on the list can help me find it.

As a bonus question, my convert has a tonneau cover - does anyone know
if this could be anything but customization by the original owner? It
looks as professionally done as the factory one I had on my '67 Datsun
roadster.

TIA

Chuck Peck

cpeck@salmoninternet.com