<VV> PG Shift Adjustment Question

Steve Ziegler sziegler@cox.net
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:26:45 -0500

Greetings: I have a question about the "shift point" adjustment for my '64
Monza PowerGlide...Several days ago, we did a complete teardown of the carbs
on the car, as well as changing plug wires, the cooling fan, etc...(All of
this occurred at the "Juna Tuna" of the MCCA of which you might have read in
other posts)...Anyway, when we put everything back together, the shift point
of the PG had changed...Before the teardown,  it was shifting, with light
throttle, at around 22 mph...Great for driving around in traffic...It would
shift at around 33-37 mph when I really stepped down on it...Now, we have lost
the minimum shift point...It will not upshift until at least 35 mph...Does
anyone out there have any suggestions on how to get the minimum throttle, 22
mph shift point back? Thanks for your assistance!

Steve in Derby, KS