<VV> Alternator/Coil Wiring Question

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:13:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/30/04 8:14:20 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
GYoungwolf@aol.com writes:

>  I need to know which wire on an internal regulator alternator conversion
> (F and R) goes to which terminal on the coil ( + and -). The car also has an
>
> aftermarket electronic ignition box which is properly wired to the coil (it
> was marked :-).

Grant,
no wire from the internal reg goes to a coil terminal.

Terminal 1 or the reg goes to the dash light. Terminal 2 goes to the junction
block (some connect it directly to the alt output bat terminal)

On the coil, the - goes to the distributor and the + goes to the ballast
resistor, or if that is bypassed, then to +12 v switched by the ignition switch.
Regards,
Bob Helt