<VV> Best Spark Plugs?

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:18:58 -0800

At 12:41 AM 3/2/2004 -0500, UltraMonzaWest@aol.com wrote:
>greenbriergoon@hotmail.com writes:
>I have been using Bosch W8AC spark plugs in my van for a while now.  They
>seem to get fouled alot and require alot of engine revving to burn off the
>stuff enough to drive when the engine is cold.  Maybe it's a problem with
>the carbs.
>
>I hear that NGK makes some great 'vair plugs but I don't know which ones are
>best for my van.
>
>Charles
>
>Yes..it's the carbs..probably chokes if only when cold...
>
>NGK's AC, Bosch, etc...all the same.....60's VW Beetle plugs...1200-1500 cc

Are they fouling from carbon or oil?  If carbon, chokes or possibly too
rich jetting or carbs need rebuilding.
If oil, could be stuck or worn rings or worn valve guides.  Does the engine
smoke some or a lot?  What is your cylinder compression?  Is your timing
correct for your engine and distributor?  I run with ONLY Bosch W8ACs and
they don't get fouled.  Also check that your muffler is not plugged.  Rare,
but it can happen.
-- Larry