<VV> Nader and Corvair

Robert Marlow nortechcorp@optonline.net
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:53:47 -0500

Don Terry wrote:

> Hi all, This link is to an article on Nader and the Corvair. It does
relate to Nader running for President, but covers the Corvair. It seems the
writer had a Corvair at one time.

> http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20040303.shtml

While this is very much about the Corvair, it is also very political, which
is generally verboten on this list.  However, I think that a political
discussion that places the Corvair at its center, as this article does, is
worthwhile.  Don't use it as a jumping-off point for discussing Bush or
Gore or Kerry or Rumsfeld or Schwartzenegger or whomever else in the
political arena.  Just read it for what it is:  A look at Ralph Nader and
his basic foundation, "Unsafe at Any Speed" and the Corvair.

I recommend this article highly.  I think it is the best Nader piece I have
ever read.  Mr Sowell has expressed far better than me the sentiments I was
trying to express in my piece that appeared in the Communique four years ago.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net